Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Yahoo's board did wrong

Posted by Steve Tobak

I'm neither a Yahoo fan nor a Microsoft foe.

But I still mourn the loss of a unique business entity that, but for the lack of a few brave people, might have survived this ordeal. After all, survival is what life is all about, isn't it?

In my opinion, at a crucial moment in the company's history, Yahoo's board stuck its head in the sand and made believe things weren't as problematic as they were. If the members felt any concern or fear at all, they ignored it. Not only isn't that what boards are supposed to do, it isn't the brave thing to do, either.

For more details, please visit

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13555_1-9928578-34.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

PS...

This news-blog is written by Steve Tobak and it would just be considered sp*m if I put in my two bits now.

I have my reservations in the whole issue and shall write them out in a couple of weeks - until then I'm neither a Yahoo fan nor a Microsoft foe and neither is Fear an human emotion !

No comments: